[Translate to Chinese:] Celebrate Songkran in Thailand
[Translate to Chinese:] The Thai celebration of New Year, Songkran, is an event that marks the beginning of the solar calendar and the beginning of the summer season. Conventionally friends and families celebrate by splashing water on each other in the form of a wish for a year filled with blessings and by visiting temples. Stay in one of our Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and enjoy an array of benefits.
[Translate to Chinese:] Located conveniently at the heart of Sukhumvit at a walking distance from Sukhumvit Road, the Asoke BTS Skytrain and MRT Sukhumvit Subway, Mövenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok offers you the ideal location to enjoy all the Songkran celebrations taking place in the capital of Thailand.
[Translate to Chinese:] Situated at a short 10km drive from the centre of Pattaya, Mövenpick Siam Hotel Na Jomtien Pattaya offers the ideal combination of being close to all the Songkran celebrations taking place in the city centre, as well as a beachside relaxing atmosphere to unwind in after.
[Translate to Chinese:] Centrally located in Phuket, offering ideal access to all Songkran celebrations taking place around the island, with Patong being only 10 minutes away by taxi or tuk-tuk. What’s more, Karon Beach can be reached at a few steps from the resort, offering the ideal combination of Songkran festivities and a relaxing beach side escape.
[Translate to Chinese:] Bang Tao Beach is one of Phuket Island's most pristine beaches, just a few minutes away from the town of Cherng Talay, where many villagers still make their living as their ancestors did - by fishing, farming and rubber tapping. It is an ideal destination for those who wish to escape the Songkran festivities and enjoy an energizing break.
[Translate to Chinese:] How to celebrate Songkran?
To ensure you are aware of the regulations during the festivities, we have compiled a list of Do’s and Don’t’s.
[Translate to Chinese:] Do's:
[Translate to Chinese:]
- Do wear clothes that you do not mind getting wet or dirty
- Do bring a water proof bag for your valuables
- Do carry a waterproof camera
- Do make sure to only use room temperature or cold water that is clean
- Do accept having wet powder placed on your face as it is considered a blessing, however make sure to carry a bottle of fresh water with you in case you would like to clean it off after a while
- Do play by the rules and only wet people during the allowed days (13-15 April)
- Do visit the main areas of events: Khao San Road, Silom Road and RCA
- Do make sure to have fun!