Join Mövenpick on #WorldEnvironmentDay
5th June 2018
We invite you to celebrate this annual United Nations initiative with us – come and take part in fun, educational and practical activities at our hotels around the world and help raise awareness of key environmental issues impacting our planet.
Our hotels participating in the 2018 #WorldEnvironmentDay campaign are as follows:
- Mövenpick Resort Aswan: will clear up its island and shoreline on the banks of the River Nile.
- Mövenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh: will invite guests to plant trees and crops and help harvesting vegetables in its organic farm.
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna: will ask guests to plant their own tree and mark it with their name. This will create Earth Park 2018 and enable repeat guests to visit ‘their’ tree every time they come back to El Gouna.
- Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Nairobi: will initiate a waste separation project, asking guests and hotel staff to find innovative ways to sort and recycle glass, plastic and aluminium
- Mövenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse: will ask guests and staff to recycle unused wood, transforming it into flower pots that will be used on the beach.
- Mövenpick Hotel du Lac Tunis: is organising a cleanup on the sidewalks of the hotel and on the path that borders Lake Tunis.
- Mövenpick Hotel & Casino Malabata Tanger: will invite guests to help clean up the beach
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali: will plant 200 mangroves and clean up plastic in the forest as part of the area’s reforestation efforts.
- Mövenpick Hotel Karachi: will invite guests to help plant trees and stage a special tree-planting ceremony in its garden.
- Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu: is organising several activities to educate its young guests about green issues that include a trash-art masterpiece workshop using empty mineral water bottles. It will also screen a movie about the importance of being environmentally friendly and explain the benefits of tree- and seed-planting and taking care of the world’s natural resources.
- Mövenpick Hotel Colombo: will clean up the Negombo coastline and implement bins where future waste can be deposited.
- Mövenpick Residences Bangtao Beach Phuket: will be asking guests to help clean-up the beach, while raising awareness of its new ‘Generation Water’ initiative, which generates water from air humidity.
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket: will be organising a clean-up activity on Karon Beach.
- Mövenpick Siam Hotel Na Jomtien Pattaya: will invite guests to help clean up the beach and raise awareness of its plastic waste reduction initiatives.
- Mövenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok: will offer all house guests small paddy seed pockets (Thai rice). Guests will be invited to plant the seeds in the hotel’s rooftop lounge.
- Mövenpick Suringwose Hotel Chiang Mai: will stage a ‘Mr and Miss Tree’ fundraising fashion parade with clothing made from leaves, flowers and recycled items. The hotel will take the opportunity to raise awareness of the harmful impact of plastic pollution – the World Environment Day’s 2018 theme.
- Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi: is staging a painting contest for children under the theme ‘we love our green planet’, encouraging them to think about ways to protect our planet from pollution.
- Mövenpick Hotel Zürich-Airport: will be clearing waste in local play areas and in the streets around the hotel.
- Mövenpick Hotel Egerkingen: will cut and harvest all bushes and trees around the property, clean-up the hotel pond and pick-up trash around the area outside of the hotel.
- Mövenpick Hotel Ankara: will be collecting colourful waste plastic covers to make different kinds of toys with the children living at the Turkish Social Service, which they will then be able to keep.
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba: will arrange guest activities in the resort’s organic garden where it grows 22 different types of vegetables. Gardeners will explain the full extent of the property’s sustainable practices.
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea: will take part in the Jordan Clean Campaign in collaboration with Rotary Clubs Jordan. The hotel will also collect cans and water bottles for a recycling project.
- Mövenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba: is planning a beach-cleaning event.
- Mövenpick Hotel Beirut: will arrange a big beach clean-up to combat local pollution, inviting all guests to take part.
- Mövenpick Hotel West Bay Doha: will arrange for guests to visit the local farm where it sources some of its ingredients to learn more about environmental practices and responsible farming
- Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar: the hotel will organise a clean-up of empty land around the property.
- Mövenpick Beach Resort Al Khobar: will arrange for guests to tour its berry fruit garden, giving them an opportunity to water the plants. They will also be given tips on how to create their own berry garden at home.
- Madinah Mövenpick Hotel: is organising a clean-up of the public areas of King Fahd Garden in Madinah, encouraging guests, family and friends to take part.