Mövenpick’s ‘Kilo of Kindness’ campaign rewards charitable guests with free ice cream.
Dubai (United Arab Emirates), 1 September 2015: Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts has launched its ‘Kilo of Kindness’ campaign to coincide with the United Nations International Day of Charity, which is observed annually on September 5.
The hospitality firm’s ‘A Kilo of Kindness for a treat of ice cream’ campaign invites guests or residents visiting the 16 participating hotels to giveaway at least a kilo of goods required by the worthy causes they support in their respective communities. Each person who makes a donation will get a delicious ice cream as a ‘thank you’.
The philanthropic initiative will run from one week from September 5 to 12, 2015, with charities supported ranging from special needs schools to organisations that help orphaned children.
The properties participating in the initiative are located in Jordan, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Thailand.
“The United Nations International Day of Charity reminds us all to consider the plight of the less fortunate and under privileged and in our own small way, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts can help by calling on the goodwill of our guests to make a small donation of goods,” said Gerard Hotelier, Vice President Operations, Middle East and South Asia.
“We hope our ‘Kilo of Kindness’ campaign will inspire our visitors to contribute to the worthy causes our hotels support, with the promise of free ice cream serving as a small gesture of appreciation.”
The ‘Kilo of Kindness’ activity is part of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts’ global sustainability programme Shine, which aims to give back to the communities where the company operates properties. Shine focuses on three pillars - Environment, Employer and Sustainability - with Education the most important thread, common to each.
Notes to the editor
The hotels participating in the ‘Kilo of Kindness’ campaign are as follows:
- Mövenpick properties in Jordan (Dead Sea, Tala Bay, Aqaba, Petra): They are collecting clothing to donate to the Royal Hashemite Commission for Charity;
- Mövenpick Hotel Doha and Mövenpick West Bay Doha: Need school and art supplies for special needs children supported by Hope Qatar;
- Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, Dubai: Requires clothing and school supplies for special needs children attending the Senses Residential and Day Care Centre;
- Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers: Need clothing and school supplies for the Beit Al Khair Society, a charity that supports families undergoing hardship;
- Mövenpick Hotel Apartments The Square Dubai: Will be collecting books to support the Books2Benefit project;
- Mövenpick Hotel Deira: Will be collecting clothing and personal care supplies for the Dubai Foundation for Women and Children;
- Anwar Al Madinah Mövenpick Hotel: Would like non-perishable food items and school supplies for Takaful, a charity that cares for orphans in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah: Is collecting school supplies for the Disabled Children Association Center and HOPE for Exceptional Needs;
- Mövenpick Hotel Kuwait: Is asking for clothing and school supplies to donate to the Kaifan Zakat Committee;
- Mövenpick Hotel Karachi: Requires clothing, non-perishable food items and school supplies for two charities - the Karachi Vocational Training Centre and the Dar-ul-Sukun home for abandoned children;
- Mövenpick Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok: School supplies, toys and books are needed for The Population and Community Development Association (PDA);