Grand Plaza Mövenpick Media City is a Green Globe certified hotel, we have been implementing solid sustainability practices in our company. We are very proud of the fact that this has also resulted in Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts becoming the most Green Globe certified hotel company in the world.
As a Green Globe certified hotel, Grand Plaza Mövenpick Media City is internationally recognized as a property that constantly introduces initiatives with the aim to reduce and optimize its consumption of resources. This includes, but is not limited to, employing energy efficient lighting, reducing water consumption, and effectively managing waste and use of chemicals.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest hotel groups to commit to Green Globe certification for all its properties worldwide. Green Globe partnership enables us to set an example of sustainable business practices in the industry. The strategy is part of a company-wide program to establish a common and global approach to environmental, employee and social sustainability.
An important part of the values of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts has always been to conduct its business in a responsible and caring way, encouraging a personal touch in its relationships with all its stakeholders. The values of quality, reliability and care guide the company towards sustainable business practices.
Grand Plaza Mövenpick meets its current needs with a sound sustainability plan while contributing to the future for generations to come. We aim to introduce supplier sustainability partnerships where possible, reduce water consumption, optimize energy consumption, reduce CO2 emissions, introduce renewable energy, manage waste, source bio-degradable alternatives to chemical products, prioritize sustainable construction solutions. Our commitment goes beyond to include social sustainability.
- Electricity reduction by 28.42% and Water reduction by 15.04% from 2019 – 2020.
- Installed motion sensors in various areas in the hotel (front and back of house).
- HVAC controlled through BMS; Meeting rooms units are set in Time Schedule.
- Waste segregation is implemented.
- Daily monitoring of energy consumption
- LED light fittings are used in 80% of the Hotel Areas.
- All exit lights are energy efficient LEDs.
- Lighting control system installed with day and night sequence programmed.
- Outdoor, parking and driveway lights are all controlled by a digital timer.