In 1979 the Bosphorus Bridge witnessed a marathon for the first time in its history. That was also the first time that runners crossed the bridge from Asia to Europe. From day one, the Eurasia Marathon has aimed to promote friendship and peace.
- Eurasia marathon
- November 2020
IKSV Film Festival
The Istanbul Film Festival is a major film event in Turkey organised by the Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts (IKSV). More than 200 films from various countries are screened and complemented with filmmaker panel discussions, concerts and other special events.
- More than 200 films
- Attended by over 90,000 cinephiles
- Special events, screenings and panel discussions
- April 2020
Istanbul Tulip Festival
Discover the colourful side of this historic city during the Istanbul Tulip Festival in April each year. With events in Emirgan, Göztepe 60th Year Park and Sultanahmet Square, visitors enjoy art and cultural activities, as well as concerts. Live shows featuring marbling artists complement photography and art exhibitions.
- Authentic city-wide flower show
- Culture, art and music events
- Paper marbling shows
- Photography contest
- 1 - 30 April 2020
Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey
Traditionally organised by the Turkish Cycling Federation, the Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey started in 1963 as the “Marmara Tour". It gained international status in 1965 and was included within the sponsorship of the Presidential Office in 1966. The high-level competition features world-renowned cyclists and teams that compete during eight stages.
- World-renowned athletes and teams
- Live and recorded broadcasts
- October 2020
IKSV Theatre Festival
Organised by the Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts (IKSV), the Istanbul Theatre Festival presents theatre plays and dance performances in more than 20 different venues. Both local and international productions are featured.
- Local and international productions
- Multiple venues
- Workshops, master classes and talks
- November 2019
IKSV Music Festival
The Istanbul Music Festival features several concerts at multiple venues across the city. Symphony and chamber orchestras, recitals and special projects form part of the festival programme.
- Local and international musicians
- More than 20 concerts
- Multiple venues
- World and Turkish premieres
- June 2020
IKSV Jazz Festival
In the summer, over 200 Turkish and international musicians participate in the Istanbul Jazz Festival. This event is a great opportunity to see jazz legends performing in multiple venues across the city. Organised by the Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts (IKSV), the festival programme includes a range of jazz, funk, world music, blues and rock performances.
- Over 200 Turkish and international musicians
- Around 50 concerts
- Multiple venues
- Children’s interaction
- June 2020
The Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts has been organising the Istanbul Biennial since 1987. Hosted every two years, the Biennial aims to create a meeting point in Istanbul for the field of visual arts, between the audience and artists from diverse cultures. During the event artists, curators and critics celebrate new trends in contemporary art.
- A meeting point in Istanbul for artists from diverse cultures
- More than 1,500 artworks by over 80 participants
- 14 September - 10 November 2019
Zorlu Performing Arts Center
Heart and soul of Istanbul’s art & culture scene, the Zorlu Performing Arts Center is one of the biggest and most equipped performing arts center in Europe. Its main theatre offers a space of 55.000 sqm for up to 2.190 people, the Drama Stage can welcome up to 678 people, the Studio with the latest technology up to 280 persons. You will also find foyer areas and lounges for live performances, exhibitions, installations and corporate events.
- Lesli Stand-up:002. UPGRADE 15 October - 12 November 2019
- Fiddler on the Roof 27 October - 26 November 2019
- Brand Week 04 - 08 November 2019
- MIX Festival 15 - 16 November 2019
- Beyond Bollywood 26 November - 01 December 2019
- Yapı Kredi 75th Year : Fame the Musical 10 - 15 December 2019
- Thylacine (Live), Chelina Manuhutu-Winter Solstice presented by %100 Music 20- 21 December 2019
Contemporary Istanbul is held in November each year at the Istanbul Congress Centre (ICC) and Istanbul Convention and Exhibition Centre (ICEC). The leading international art fair in Turkey brings both local and international focus to the dynamic art scene in Turkey's vibrant metropolis.
- Turkey’s largest international contemporary art fair
- Contemporary art produced in Turkey
- Galleries, artists and collectors from Europe, America and Asia
- September 2020