From openair concerts and festivals to Christmas markets and sports events - Zurich has a lot to offer throughout the year.
The open air cinema is a highlight for your movie nights during the summer time. Enjoy the best movies and popcorn at the Allianz Cinema on the shores of Lake Zurich.
- Open-air cinema
- Great location on the shores of the lake
The Street Parade is one of the most attended and colourful technoparades in Europe and delivers a huge selection of the best electronic tunes. Around 30 decorated trucks with DJs and music will enthuse hundreds of thousands of visitors.
- One of the most attended technoparades in Europe
- Great location at the lakeside
Zurich Film Festival
The Zurich Film Festival presents its audience about 70 productions of promising new and well-known filmmakers from around the globe and offers an inside look into their work. The event has developed to an unique networking platform for members of the film industry.
- Film festival
- Around 70 film premieres
- 26 September - 6 October 2019
The city of Zurich invites you to several original Christmas Markets such as the Christkindlimarket at the main train station or the romantic Christmas market in the old Town districts. Stroll across the market stalls, drink a mug of muld wine and enjoy the enchanting atmosphere with its Christmas decorations and lights.
- Zurich Old Town (end of November - 23 December 2019)
- Zurich Main Station (21 November - 24 December 2019)
- At the Zurich Opera House (end of November - 23 December 2019)
- Christkindlimärt in Rapperswil (mid of December - 23 December 2019)
- Zurich Werdmühleplatz (end of November - 23 December 2019)
- Winterthur (end of November - 23 December 2019)
Zürcher Theater Spektakel
The “Zürcher Theater Spektakel” ranks among the most important European festivals for the contemporary performing arts. It takes place directly on the shores of Lake Zurich, most notably on a covered lakeside open-air stage and in a shipyard. Onsite restaurants and bars attract cultural aficionados and night owls from far beyond the borders of Zurich.
- Festival for the contemporary performing arts
- Great location at Lake Zurich
- Open-air stage
- 13 August to 30 August 2020
Concerts at Tonhalle Zurich
The Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich, one of Switzerland's leading orchestras, offers numerous concerts according to the motto: “Music is a gift”. Music reflects life lived to the full, in all its moods: at once focused and exuberant, soft and tumultuous, sweet and compelling – its pure emotion will win you over.
- Numerous concerts
- Throughout the whole year
Zurich's Long Night of Museums
On the first Saturday of September, a wide selection of Zurich's museums open their doors at 7 pm and remain open until 2.00 am. The varied programme provides a unique journey through a variety of collections as well as temporary and permanent exhibitions.
- Long Night of the Museums
- Opening hours until 2am
- More than 50 museums
- Shuttle bus
- 7 September 2019
The Zürich Marathon is popular with both pro athletes and amateurs and provides a unique running experience in and around Zürich. The route runs for the most part along Lake Zürich and consequently is not only attractive as a sports event, but also visually. The start and finish lines are at the upper lake basin and go through downtown Zürich, which provides an impressive backdrop for spectators.
- Unique running experience in and around Zürich
- Team run and city run
- 26 April 2020