Munich is home to a few very famous annual events like the Oktoberfest or Christmas markets. We can provide you with detailed information on specific events.
The cultural Tollwood festival for ecology and the environment is organised twice a year and attracts millions of locals and visitors. Discover the popular market of ideas featuring arts and crafts as well as gastronomical specialities from all over the world. Enjoy musical entertainment, theatre groups and performances. In winter, the festival also invites visitors to stroll through the Christmas market with its enchanting atmosphere or to join the legendary New Year’s Eve party.
- Cultural festival
- Winter festival: 25 November - 31 December 2020
- Summer festival: cancelled
The most famous beer festival worldwide takes place each year in the city of Munich. Rollercoasters, beer gardens and marquees, as well as numerous raffle and snack stands are waiting for you at the Oktoberfest.
- Many attractions for the whole family
- Traditional Bavarian festival
- Biggest beer event with exclusively Munich Breweries
- 18 September - 3 October 2021
The oldest and most popular Christmas market in Munich is the Christkindlmarkt held at the historical Marienplatz in the heart of the city. Experience the magical atmosphere and see the giant 26-meter high Christmas tree with a typical mug of mulled wine.
- Enjoy wintertime in Munich
- Christmas spirit
- 27 November - 24 December 2019