The Peace Hall in Münster’s gothic town hall owes its name to the peace treaty between Spain and the Netherlands, which was concluded here under solemn oath on 15 May 1648.
The hall originally served as a council chamber and its fine renaissance wood panelling dates from around 1577. The gallery of portraits, with its pictures of ambassadors, was purchased by the council in 1649. The furnishings of Peace Hall, which were put in storage during the Second World War, have been faithfully restored.
- Gallery of portraits of ambassadors