The famous old opera house (Alte Oper) was built in 1880. One of the major opera houses in Germany until it was heavily damaged in World War II. Fortunately, due to public demand, it was finally fully reconstructed and reopened in 1981. The inscription on the frieze of the Old Opera says: "Dem Wahren, Schönen, Guten" ("To the true, the beautiful, the good").
- Interesting details and information
- Live performances, concerts and shows
- Beautiful building
An insight into the programme over the upcoming months:
- Disney The Beauty and the Beast (22 - 26 August)
- Carmen La Cubana (28 August - 2 September)
- HR-Sinfonieorchester (6 and 7 September)