Island fun and adventures in Cebu
Mactan is known as one of the best islands in the world, with its tropical setting and wide stretch of white sand beach and pristine waters. It's a popular choice for both leisure and adventure, and an ideal destination to kick start your Cebu getaway with a number thrills, fun activities, underwater explorations, and other unique experiences available in and out of the island.
Jet Ski, Water Sports and Recreation
Different water sports activities are offered at the hotel and a professional dive center is available to provide different diving services. Guests can book their preferred activities and rent equipment through the Watersports Center, managed by a local service provider. It is located at the resort's beach area, operating daily from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Jet Ski
- Scuba Diving
- Banana Boat and more
Book the island hopping package through one of the tour operators in Mactan.
- Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the seven best-known fly-aways in the world for migrating birds. It holds the largest concentration of migrating birds in the Philippines. This low, flat island lies 5 kilometres directly in front of the Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu. You can also reach the island through the ferry boat that has hourly trips from the pier located right beside Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu.
- Hilutungan Island is one of the seven islets that comprise the Olango Reef, approximately 25 minutes away from Mactan Island. It is a marine sanctuary that is also well-known for snorkelling, fish feeding and scuba diving.
- Nalusuan Island is a private island resort and marine sanctuary. It is approximately 30 minutes away from Mactan Island. The island has its iconic long pier where boats can dock and is where the marine sanctuary is located.
- Camotes Islands boats of beaches that are ideal for scuba diving and snorkeling. This is located at the north eastern tip of Cebu Province.
Tee-off and practice a few swings at popular golf courses in the islands and highlands of Cebu. Visit our Lifestyle Concierge at the lobby for information on booking a visit.
- Mactan Island Golf Club (Mactan Benito Ebuen Air Base, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu)
- Alta Vista Golf & Country Club (Aznar Road, Pardo Hills, Cebu)
- Cebu Country Club (Gov. M Cuenco, Banilad, Cebu City)
- Cebu International Golf and Resort (Barangay Lambug, Badian Island, Cebu)
- Club Filipino Inc. de Cebu (Pulangyuta, Danao City, Cebu)
Kawasan Falls in Badian, south of Cebu, is another popular destination. Enjoy the deep and cool fresh water or listen to the sounds of nature. You can swim and relax in turquoise blue water, or enjoy the thrill of riding through the waterfall on a bamboo raft. If you’re in for thrills and adrenaline-pumping activities, include canyoneering in your itinerary. The adventure includes walking, jumping, swimming, climbing, abseiling, and kick offs in the Alegria river downstream going through Badian and ending in Kawasan falls.
Book your tour through local accredited guides stationed within our hotel premises.
Oslob Whaleshark Watching
Oslob is one of the few places in the world which offers close encounters with magnificent creatures of the oceans such as the Whale Shark, locally known as “Butanding” --- the largest fish species in the world with reports of them growing up to 14 metres long! Within a mere two and a half hour drive from the hotel, you may actually enjoy watching and swimming with the friendly creatures in the southern town of Oslob, Cebu.
You can book your trip through the local tour operators stationed within our resort complex.