Support Mövenpick’s #AKiloOfKindness campaign, leading to the UN International Day of Charity. We invite our guests, partners and stakeholders to participate by donating at least one kilo of food, clothing and educational supplies to the less fortunate and those in need.
Put together #AKiloOfKindness
- Books, notebooks and stationery such as pens, pencils, rulers, erasers
- Canned foods: tuna, soup, fruit, vegetables, concentrated milk
- Dry foods: rice, beans, oats, pasta, cereals, flour, powder milk, baby formula, tea, coffee
Participate in #AKiloOfKindness
- Drop your donations between 1-15 September at the lobby of participating hotels.
- A kilo is very kind, but of course, we welcome any amount of contribution.
Share awareness of #AKiloOfKindness
- Encourage kindness in others by talking about giving.
- Share this information with your friends
- Use #AKiloOfKindness #InternationalCharityDay to tweet on Twitter, post on Facebook or share on Instagram.
Participating hotels and beneficiary charities:
Our hotels participating in the 2017 ‘A Kilo of Kindness’ campaign and their beneficiary charities are as follows:
- Mövenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh: El Moustafa Lovers Association, sponsoring orphans
- Mövenpick Resort Taba: Mn Agl Masr, supporting local Bedouins
- Mövenpick Resort El Sokhna: Resala, caring for orphans and children with special needs
- Mövenpick Resort El Quseir: El Quseir Orphans Charity Organisation, providing educational support for orphans
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna: El Salam School for Girls and 6th of October School for Boys in Hurghada
- Mövenpick Resort Aswan: Resala, caring for orphans and children with special needs
- Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra: Chance for Children, providing education, safety, care and support to street kids
- Mövenpick Hotel & Casino Malabata, Tangier: ASSADAKA, providing education for children with disabilities
- Mövenpick Hotel Marrakech: Les Enfants de Dar Bouidar, providing educational support for orphan
- Mövenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse: FAMILIA, supporting disadvantaged women and families
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali is working with Sanggar Belajar Lentera Anak Bali (Bali Children’s Light Study Center), which provides educational support to children and teenagers
- Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu is collecting donations for the Cebu Cordova Alternative Resource for Education Center (CARE Center), which supports underprivileged children of school age
- Mövenpick Hotel Colombo: Shilpa Child Development Home, a residential school, which provides counselling, therapy and education for orphans and abused girls
- Mövenpick Residences Bangtao Beach Phuket has teamed up with Child Care Holland House at Kathu Phuket to help local street children
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket is supporting Phuket Child Watch, which helps children whose parents are in jail
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Pattaya has partnered with Banglamung Home for Boys, a charity that protects orphaned children
- Mövenpick Hotel Berlin, Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City, Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt-Oberursel, Mövenpick Hotel Hamburg, Mövenpick Hotel München Airport, Mövenpick Hotel Münster, Mövenpick Hotel Nürnberg Airport, Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport are collecting bottle caps for Deckel Drauf, a charity that provides the polio vaccination to disadvantaged children
- Mövenpick Hotel Egerkingen, Mövenpick Hotel Zürich Regensdorf and Mövenpick Hotel Zürich Airport has partnered with CARITAS, a charity committed to helping people in Switzerland who are affected by poverty and are socially disadvantaged.
- Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre and Mövenpick Hotel ´s-Hertogenbosch are supporting In my Backyard, an organisation that aims to find suitable accommodation for refugees
- Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul is supporting the Mengelli Elementary School in Sanliurfa, Turkey
- Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain: Good Word Society, supporting elderly Bahrainis
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, Mövenpick Resort Petra, Mövenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba and Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba: collecting donations for The Hashemite Charity Organization, which supports people suffering from the consequences of conflict, natural disasters and poverty
- Mövenpick Hotel & Resort Al Bida'a Kuwait: supporting the shelters of the Embassy of the Philippines and the Embassy of Sri Lanka
- Mövenpick Resort Al Khobar: Fatat Al-Ahsa Benevolent Society, providing support to women and children in need.
- Mövenpick Hotel Yanbu: Association of Charitable and Social Services in Yanbu, helping underprivileged members of the local community
United Arab Emirates
- Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate, Mövenpick Hotel Apartments Al Mamzar Dubai and Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers: Beit Al Khair Society, supporting people undergoing hardship.