Support Mövenpick’s #AKiloOfKindness campaign, leading to the UN International Day of Charity. We invite our guests, partners and stakeholders to participate by donating at least one kilo of food, clothing and educational supplies to the less fortunate and those in need.
Put together #AKiloOfKindness
- Books, notebooks and stationery such as pens, pencils, rulers, erasers
- Canned foods: tuna, soup, fruit, vegetables, concentrated milk
- Dry foods: rice, beans, oats, pasta, cereals, flour, powder milk, baby formula, tea, coffee
Participate in #AKiloOfKindness
- Drop your donations between 1-15 September at the lobby of participating hotels.
- A kilo is very kind, but of course, we welcome any amount of contribution.
Share awareness of #AKiloOfKindness
- Encourage kindness in others by talking about giving.
- Share this information with your friends
- Use #AKiloOfKindness #InternationalCharityDay to tweet on Twitter, post on Facebook or share on Instagram.
Participating hotels and beneficiary charities:
Our hotels participating in the 2018 ‘A Kilo of Kindness’ campaign and their beneficiary charities are as follows:
- Mövenpick Hotel Berlin, Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City, Mövenpick Hotel Hamburg, Mövenpick Hotel München Airport, Mövenpick Hotel Münster, Mövenpick Hotel Nürnberg Airport, Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport are collecting bottle caps for Deckel Drauf, a charity that provides the polio vaccination to disadvantaged children.
- Mövenpick Hotel Zürich Airport has partnered with CARITAS, a charity committed to helping people in Switzerland who are affected by poverty and are socially disadvantaged.
Mövenpick Hotel Lausanne is supporting the Swiss Red Cross by collecting toys and clothes for underprivileged children.
- Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre is supporting De Voedselbank, an organisation that helps people in need, supplying them food and essentials.
- Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul will collect school supplies, books and clothing for Yigmatepe Elementary School, a small village school located in the South Eastern Anatolia Region of Turkey with 25 students.
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, Mövenpick Resort Petra, Mövenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba and Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba: collecting donations for The Hashemite Charity Organization, which supports people suffering from the consequences of conflict, natural disasters and poverty
- Mövenpick Hotel Beirut will be working along with the Lebanese Autism Society (LAS). The LAS mission is to advocate for the rights of children with Autism and to provide them support and services.
- Mövenpick Hotel West Bay Doha and Mövenpick Hotel Doha will support Qatar Charity, a non-governmental organisation dedicated to carry out humanitarian and development programs to fight global poverty by working in partnership with vulnerable communities regardless of faith, race, gender or political beliefs.
United Arab Emirates
- Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate, Mövenpick Hotel Apartments Al Mamzar Dubai and Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers: Beit Al Khair Society, supporting people undergoing hardship.
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali is working with Sekolah Lentera Anak Bali, which provides educational support to children and teenagers. The resort is supporting as well Yayasan Citra Usadha Indonesia, an NGO assisting people with HIV to get access to government medical insurance.
- Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu is collecting donations for the Cebu Cordova Alternative Resource for Education Center (CARE Center), which supports underprivileged children of school age.
- Mövenpick Hotel Colombo: will be supporting the Salvation Army Girls Development Centre and Elders Home
- Mövenpick Residences Bangtao Beach Phuket has teamed up with Child Care Holland House at Kathu Phuket to help local street children.
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket is supporting SOS Children's Village Phuket which provides care to orphan children.
- Mövenpick Siam Hotel Na Jomtien Pattaya has partnered with Banglamung Home for Boys, a charity that protects orphaned children.
- Mövenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok is collecting and donating educational supplies and clothes for the Suwantalai school in Supanburi province to support disadvantaged children.
- Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi will support Xuy Xa Center, a home for underprivileged children and orphans
- Mövenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh will cooperate with “Mnagl Masr”, a charity association supporting unprivileged students in Sharm El-Sheikh city.
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna is supporting El Salam School for Girls in Hurghada
- Mövenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse is working with the School for Blind Children of Sousse which provides a place for education and living to children and teenagers coming from the whole country.
Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra is working with Chance for Children, an accredited non-governmental organisation providing a place for education and living to street children and teenagers.
- Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Nairobi is working with Angels of Hope, a community-based organisation in Kenya’s Kibera slums to support poor orphans and vulnerable children living with HIV/AIDS. Angels of Hope aims to achieve community development as well as eliminate hunger, homelessness and illiteracy.