History and art in Nairobi
Visit the former home of 'Out of Africa' author Karen Blixen and marvel as local artisans practice the ancient art of glassblowing in sculpture gardens.
Karen Blixen Museum
The Karen Blixen Museum is a former African home of the famous Danish author, Karen Blixen, who lived in Kenya in the early 20th century. Her book published in 1937 - 'Out of Africa' - became an Oscar-winning film in 1985, starring Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.
- Former home of 'Out of Africa' author
- Museum guided tours of the house
- Original equipment from the coffee farm
- Rooms designed with original décor
Kitengela Hot Glass Studio
A visit to Kitengela Hot Glass Studio is like visiting a fantasy world. Local artisans transform recycled glass and scraps of other material into tableware and other items. Step into the secret gardens of sculptures and furniture that enchant and inspire.
- Antique art of glassware and tableware
- Secret gardens of sculpture
- Recycling and community consciousness
- Secret mosaic pathways
- Beautiful tableware