Being charitable, generous and giving, are just some of the kind things we can do during the month of Ramadan. Through Mövenpick’s #AKiloOfKindness campaign, we invite our guests, partners and stakeholders to participate in giving a kilogramme of non-perishable food items to the less-fortunate and those in need.
Put together #AKiloOfKindness
- Canned foods: tuna, soup, fruit, vegetables, concentrated milk
- Dry foods: rice, beans, oats, pasta, cereals, flour, powder milk, baby formula, tea, coffee
- Non-glass packaged foods: honey, cooking oil
Participate in #AKiloOfKindness
- Drop your donated food items from 6-30 June 2016 in the lobby of our participating hotels.
- A kilo is very kind, but of course we welcome any contribution.
Share awareness of #AKiloOfKindness
- Encourage kindness in others by talking about giving.
- Share this information with your friends.
- Use hashtag #AKiloOfKindness to tweet on Twitter, post on Facebook or share on Instagram.
Participating hotels and beneficiary charities:
- All Dubai hotels, including Ibn Battuta Gate, Jumeirah Beach, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Al Mamzar and Bur Dubai: Beit Al Kheir Society supporting elderly, widowers, divorced women, families of prison inmates, people of special needs, orphans, students as well as others people undergoing hardship.
- All Jordan hotels, including Dead Sea, Aqaba, Tala Bay and Petra: Tkiyet Um Ali which provides food and humanitarian aid.
- Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain: Palm Association, which provides food for less privileged families.
- Mövenpick Resort Al Nawras Jeddah: Saudi Autistic Society, which provides care for autistic children and support to their families.
- Mövenpick Hotel West Bay Doha: Qatar Charity, an organisation dedicated to carrying out humanitarian and development programmes to fight poverty.
- Mövenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis: Assabil Association, which supports orphaned children.
- Mövenpick Hotel Malabata Tanger: Association Assadaka, which supports children suffering from Trisomy.
- Mövenpick Hotel Casablanca: SOS Children's Villages Association, which provides children with a family environment where they can thrive.
- Mövenpick Hotel Ramallah: Al Bireh Women's Arab Union Society, which offers assistance to people by improving their educational and health levels.
- Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar: ITA'AM - Saudi Food Bank, which helps feed the underprivileged by distributing excess food from hotels.