Mövenpick Resort & Residence Aqaba is located in the centre of Aqaba, right next to the historical site of Ayla and 10 km from King Hussein International Airport. Wadi Rum, Dana nature reserve and the rose city of Petra are within easy reach from the resort.
The architecturally iconic resort, with a magnificent view of the stunning waters of the Red Sea, provides guests with direct access to its own private beach, combining grandeur, luxury and the welcoming hospitality of the region. Discover Jordan and Aqaba.
View our latest offers and book your stay online.
- Petra - 120 km (1 1/2 - 2 hours’ drive)
- Wadi Rum - 35 km
- Dana Nature Reserve - 120 km
- Eilat Border - 6 km
- Dead Sea - 300 km
- Queen Alia International Airport Amman - 330 km
- Amman - 380 km
- The Mamlouk Fort - Aqaba Castle - 2 km
- The first purpose built church (oldest in the world) - adjacent to resort
- Islamic City of Ayla - adjacent to resort
- The Birds Observatory - 5 km
- The Aquarium - 15 km
- Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA) - 4 km
- Aqaba Development Corporation (ADC) - 2 km
- Aqaba Container Terminal (ACT) - 8 km
- Phosphate Mines (Fertiliser Complex) - 25 km
- Ayla Oasis Development - 5 km
- Al Saraya Holdings Aqaba - 1 km
- Marsa Zayed (Al Maabar) - 5 km
How to get to the hotel
The Mövenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba is located 10 minutes from King Hussein International Airport and near the archaeological site of the Islamic city of Ayla.
By air: King Hussein International Airport is served by scheduled flights and two domestic flights from Amman to Aqaba.
By road: Three highways connect Aqaba to the rest of Jordan. The Desert Highway, the Dead Sea road and the King's Highway. Buses: A trip from Aqaba to Amman takes about 4 hours. JETT, Trust, Al-Motomaiez and Al Muttahedo buses have regular services.
Service taxis: The white-painted Service taxis follow fixed routes and are inexpensive. Minibuses: Minibuses connect Aqaba with Wadi Rum, Petra, Humayma and other surrounding towns. Rental cars: These are available for a daily rental or longer.
By sea: Ferries and fast boat services connect Aqaba to Nuweibeh and Taba, from where it is possible to take a taxi to Dahab or Sharm E-Sheikh.
Enjoy a complimentary airport shuttle bus service.
* Shuttle bus available to King Hussein International Airport. Please contact the hotel for timings by calling +962 3 2034020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org